Thursday, May 15, 2014

May 5 and May 12th letters from Westley

May 5, 2014

Hey family!

Thanks for all of your letters and emails this week! So me and elder Benard are both staying in the Jones falls ward for another transfer. The next transfer is late June. So I will be getting close to my year mark with only having had two areas and 3 companions which is really weird but oh well. I’m glad elder Benard is still my companion but me and him are honestly starting to get burned out on this area. Its been raked over so many times by missionaries and the ward has its issues but oh well. Were glad we get to be here for Aoife's baptism this month.

 This week was super outrageously rainy. Me and elder Benard got absolutely soaked a couple days. It poured for about 4 days straight without stopping at all. You mentioned the sink holes in Maryland; well that big sink hole that all those cars fell in is actually in me and elder Benard's area in Baltimore. Other than that we started teaching a part member family so hopefully that will go somewhere. Other than that it was a pretty average week.  My allergies have been terrible, not surprising as there is plants and trees as far as the eye can see. So I'm getting through that ha-ha, elder Benard is having them a little bit too.  You mentioned that time is going by fast too, which I’m starting to feel like my mission time is really starting to speed up. My year mark is really right around the corner after this transfer and its really weird. But anyways, what  {… }  said about missionaries is true. So many of them are going home, I cant even believe it. People from home tell me almost every Monday of another missionary I know going home. Its really weird. I think too many missionaries jumped the gun at 18 and decided to go on a mission and they weren’t ready. I know that when I went out I probably wasn’t 100 percent ready yet but you just have to stick out and do your duty. Anyways I’ll get off my soap box now ha-ha. Thanks Dad f

Me and elder Benard had to drive the Young Single Adult zone leaders who are both going home this transfer to the mission office in Columbia to go pick up another car for there area so that was interesting. We got to hang out with president and sister Richards a little bit and hang out with the assistants who I’m pretty good friends with, two of them are going home too. Its really weird to see all the older missionaries that you looked up to on your mission all start to go home. You also mentioned that I have still have one more ''hurtle'' to jump over ha-ha like your worried about it ha-ha. But anyways thanks for the sports updates dad. Members have been telling me how good the playoffs have been. Its good to here that your Achilles is getting better and your still able to play well. How has basketball been at Welby? Has all the usual guys been showing up? I got to play some good member ball this week, it was way fun. There are a lot of goood players in this ward. But anyways I hope you enjoy this email and you have a good week. I love ya Sarah and Lynz hope you are having fun! Love you guys!

Love Wes
Hey family!


May 12, 2014

Hey Family,

I’m honestly not really sure what to write you after talking to you yesterday ha-ha. It was so good to be able to talk with you guys, I really enjoyed it! Mom it sounds like you had a good mother’s day! Only two calls left until I come home! Isn’t that crazy?! Anyways today for preparation Day we went down to the inner harbor and walked around and it was pretty cool. Other than its about 87 degrees with 83 percent humidity and I have a serious migraine right about now. Like I said in the call yesterday, we are going to listen to Elder Ballard speak on Saturday which will be cool. There is a missionary from our stake in the DC north mission named Jordan who I don’t know very well but I might see him. Too bad Braden's (Chinn) mission couldn’t also come to this! That would have been sweet. Anyways I don’t know what else to talk about. Were going dinner tonight at a young married couple going to Johns for school, so that should be cool. Anyways I love ya guys! Thanks for all you do. I cant wait to get your letters and package!
Love you!

Love Wes


No comments:

Post a Comment