Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Westley Letter 6/22/14 and photos

Hey family!

It’s been a pretty crazy week for me. My new companions name is Elder Ch..
He is from New Mexico (Kirtland) and he is almost full Navajo. It has been quiet the change from being with a companion who knows has been out pretty much as long as me and just being used to doing our routine and everything to going to training a brand new missionary and teaching him everything. 

I have been glad because it hasn’t been too stressful; Elder Ch.. seems to be picking things up pretty fast. It has been a little challenging helping him to be exactly obedient like waking up right at 6:30 AM and making sure he’s to studies at exactly 8. But he’s doing fine.



I remember being a brand new missionary and not really knowing why we have to be so precise on the rules and the things we do. It’s weird to think how far I have come as a missionary and realizing how long I have been out. Sometimes it feels like it has gone incredibly quick and other days I feel like I can barely remember my life before a mission.  


I guess you could just say I have just had a lot of interesting thoughts this week. It’s funny to see how our lives turn out differently than we might have originally thought. 

Anyways this past week has been good though, All 7 of our investigators are progressing. I think before the transfer is up we could easily have 5 people on date to be baptized. Most of our investigators came to church yesterday so that was awesome. 






The YSA sisters gave us 3 new investigators yesterday. There 10, 11, and 14 and are the kids of a less active member who is in our ward. The sisters have been working with them because we can’t go in without a male every time. But now that they have expressed an interest in being baptized they have to hand them over to us, so that is pretty sweet. 





We had a sweet lesson with them yesterday and all the kids want to get baptized and they mom is on board. If we can just get her to come to church and bring her kids, it will be a piece of cake.





But anyways thanks for all of your prayers. We are doing good here in Jones Falls. I remembered Mac was coming home this week and I have been thinking about the missionaries from our ward that I haven’t seen in a long time. It sounds like Mac gave an awesome talk. 




 
 




I have thought about what I’m going to say in my homecoming talk when I get home ha-ha, even though that’s awhile away. Braden told me he was made a zone leader this week in his mission so that’s sweet.

Anyways I love you guys very much, I'm glad you guys will always be there for me when everyone else goes there separate ways. Have a great week.

Love Wes


No comments:

Post a Comment