Friday, November 8, 2013

I’m so glad that I decided to come on a mission, I know that there is no way I could be spending my next 21 months any better then on a mission."

Hey family! 
Don't drink the beer Elder!

I think president Wright told you that I was not going to be able to email you yesterday because we had mission conference with Elder Carlson of the seventy. The conference was pretty awesome, it was an 8 hour meeting and Elder Zander and I had to wake up at 4:45 in the morning to get showered and car pool with the sister missionaries down to Fredrick, Maryland.

Elder Carlson talked for about 4 hours about how to consecrate ourselves as missionaries and answered lots of questions that missionaries had. We all got to talk to him and shake his hand; he is a retired four star general.

Besides the awesome instruction that we received I also got to see all of my missionary friends and hang out with all of them so that was cool. After the meeting half of the missionaries went to Cafe Rio in Fredrick and man it was soooo good haha.

This last week has been a pretty good one. [One family investigators] are on date for the 16th so no one has been baptized yet but they will. The word of wisdom is a killer out here, but they are doing very well with it.

Thanks for the letters you all sent me this last week as well as the emails your letter and emails always make me smile. I’m glad Sarah and Lynz are doing well and are enjoying school. Enjoy your time in school because you will miss it when it’s over. So anyway the weather here is pretty dang cold.  It doesn't really ever snow here, but the humid cold is terrible sometimes, haha. Its pretty crazy that transfers are only two weeks away and I could be somewhere else, I really hope not because we already have 3 dinner appointments set up for thanksgiving!

I’m so glad that I decided to come on a mission, I know that there is no way I could be spending my next 21 months any better then on a mission. I feel like I have been the one that has learned so much on my mission so far.  I’m so grateful for the testimony builder that it has been so far.

Anyways I hope you all have a great week and that everything goes well! Dad I am glad to here the Jazz are doing terrible because they will be good when I get back haha. I love you guys very much, I am so proud of you guys and your efforts to try and teach those guys the gospel.

If all the members in the world did what you guys did and helped the missionaries, then this work would be able to move so fast. If you get a chance watch the original hastening the work video, it is way good and helps me remember how important missionary work is.

Love Wes


2 comments:

  1. I love this kid! What an amazing example of testimony and service!!! Mylinda and Mark, you guys did good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it! I'm so proud of him and glad he turned out (haha)!

    ReplyDelete