Friday, March 7, 2014

Letters for the past two weeks

March 4, 2014
Hey guys,
How are you all doing? From the sounds of the trip, you had a lot better week than I did. Yesterday we were snowed in for about the 6th time in the last two weeks. Preparation day was horrible; we didn’t get to do anything. Towards the end of the day it got nicer and we took some buses to Essex to play ball with some other missionaries. Needless to say it took us 2 hours to get there on the buses, we missed basketball. My wallet I think was stolen but I’m not sure, I told sister Pascoe it fell out my backpack but I don’t know what happened, I thought for sure I had it in the church and Elder Benard thought he saw it too. But as we were leaving it wasn’t there... I’m not sure I brought it in for sure, but I thought I did. I really hope none of the missionaries took it. I lost everything; luckily I got my credit cards cancelled; elder Larson in the office is getting me a new driver’s license and missionary credit card. But other than that I lost my cash, visa, wallet, missionary ID, temple recommend, bus pass. I have absolutely no money to my name right now and no wallet or anything, and I’m broke as a joke. And on top of that, this has been the worst winter of my life by far. It has been bitter cold for like 5 months…. I did get your letter by the way and it made me happy. I hope you guys know I love you guys so much. I’m glad everything is going well for you. It makes me happy to see that you are all happy and having fun. My friends have told me that the weather In Utah has been really nice so that’s good. But anyways at least our investigator  is doing really well, he quit smoking and he is doing an awesome job. He is ready to be baptized for sure. We also picked up another investigator this last week who seems very interested in the gospel, we met him walking around in a blue light zone, which is a zone where they have cameras so the cops monitor it but they wont go into because its too dangerous haha. But other than that there hasn’t been too much to really speak of.  Elder Benard likes the same things as I do, so we are in the same boat. That’s about all I have to say about this terrible week, but hopefully this one will be better. Sorry to have to ask for a new wallet and stuff, I wouldn’t ask for it, but I really need one. Anyways I have to get off, but I love you guys, thanks for all you guys do for me :) Have a good week!

love wes


February 24, 2014
Hey family!
It was really good to get emails from you guys today! This week has been crazy. I’m convinced that Baltimore is Sodom and Gomorrah here on the earth today haha. Baltimore is bad news to say the least I wont go into detail about some of the stuff I saw this week but it was not good. I bought some Excedrin migraine like everyone has been telling me and it doesn't do squat, all that's in it is ibuprofen and a can of mountain dew without the flavor. On Saturday i vomited because it was so bad. Luckily yesterday and today so far I don’t have headaches. I did call sister Richards about it a couple days ago and she told me to buy some Excedrin migraine and get back to her. Needless to say it didn’t do anything like I said so next migraine I get I will call her, but don’t worry about it, I’ll get it figured out. The members have been really good about feeding us this week; we had a meal every night this week which was awesome. It was our zone temple day on Saturday so we got to go to the temple and do endowments which were awesome. I enjoyed this time way more than any time I have ever done it, so that was cool. I must say though, one thing about this ward is there is a lot of lawyers and doctors and they all disagree with each other so its kind of hard. I have noticed that is in a lot of wards though. But anyways, its been cold here and I am sick and tired of it. I can’t wait till it get warm! You are very lucky you get to go to Cancun! I’m jealous right about now. I hope you have fun, you guys deserve the trip for sure. So the USA really didn't come in first in the Olympics!? That’s a joke, I’m calling corruption on that one. As far as investigators, {one we are working with currently} is the most solid investigator I have ever seen in my life, he is already a member minus the baptism, so that’s pretty dang awesome. Cant wait for him to be baptized, he is a high school teacher in the inner city. We also have another new investigator from Ireland who is recently married to a member here and she already told us she was going to join the church no matter what so that will be another baptism haha. It doesn't 
 get any easier than that. I’m glad these miracles keep happening because besides them, there is not very much real growth investigators in Baltimore. But anyways I have to go. Hope you have fun in Cancun and tell the girls and I love and miss them! Have a good week.


No comments:

Post a Comment