Thursday, February 20, 2014

This week has probably been the hardest and craziest week of my life.

Hello family!

Thanks for all the nice emails from you guys! This week has probably been the hardest and craziest week of my life. So my new area is in the Jones Falls ward here in Towson, Maryland. Towson is a nice area and 80 percent of the population in Towson city is under 25. 

My area is huge! Our ward is the biggest ward in the mission, with 900 plus people on the roles and average of 320 people at sacrament! Its bigger than most Utah wards. It is a very young ward because The Johns Hopkins hospital is in my area and half of the ward is working and going to school there. There are about 12 colleges in my area! Our area covers some inner city and some really bad spots in Baltimore. 

Today we had district meeting in Essex which has the the two most dangerous streets in America haha. There are places called blue light areas in my mission area, which means that they have blue lights and cameras all over the streets. Police pretty much don't even respond to phone calls in this area any more haha. To put in perspective how crazy this area is, there are about 500,000 people covered by us and another set of elders and two sets of YSA missionaries. 

It has been a crazy adjustment. Not to mention me and my new companion Elder Benard "shot gunned" the area, which know one cared to tell me. I found out we were "shot gunning" at transfers from Elder Benard. 

This week has been very hard. First of all they took the car away from this area and the start of this transfer  and gave it to another area. We soon figured out that this area would be impossible as a car and out ward mission leader called president Richards and "told him off" about taking the car, haha. So we got a car from the mission office yesterday which was such a life save. We had already walked to everybody who was in walking distance of out apartment. It took us three hours to walk to a members house each way.

These last couple days me and Elder Benard have been completely exhausted after walking about 25 miles in 2 days. But luckily we have a full time car now. These last couple weeks I have been having bad migraines almost everyday, so today I'm going to call sister Richards and see what we can do for it. Two days ago it was so bad I felt like I was going to throw up. So yea you could say its been tough. 
I'm so glad to have the best family and friends in the world, I don't think I could any of this without you guys! 

I love you guys so much, I'm glad to here that everything is going well back at home. I hope the weather there has been better that it is here. The weather has been an absolute joke. The entire state of Maryland was almost in chaos. But today there hasn't been a cloud in the sky and its 50 degrees! :) Tonight I get to go play basketball at the church with a bunch of people and some less active members, so I'm very excited about that. :)

 We have a very good investigator who is being baptized next month who is a school teacher in inner city Baltimore. He is a very humble sincere guy who is VERY solid and ready to be baptized. And we have another lady were about to start teaching who just got married to a member and told us she is going to join the church with her husband! So we pretty much got a free baptism haha. She is an anesthesiologist at Johns Hopkins hospital and her husband is an RM who grew up in Maryland and is a Navy Seal. 
So that's sweet. Well I'm in the Towson library and have to get off now but I love you guys very much hope you guys have a good week!
love,

Wes 

No comments:

Post a Comment