Monday, August 4, 2014

Being a District leader is quite a bit of work.

Hey family!
It feels like it's been three weeks since I last emailed you! This week has been has been so crazy I can not even begin to explain! First off I’m glad you got my new address. Its 8309 Timberlake ct right? Anyways this area is very strange haha. Its a lot different than what I am used to. I am less than a mile away from Fort Meade which a huge military base. The whole community around here is all military related. Every single person who works around here either works for the military or for NSA. Anyways though I have already gotten fed like 5 times! It has been pretty sweet. We even did service for this older wealthy non member couple and they took us to red lobster haha. So far the ward seems pretty cool. It is about a 3rd of the size of my last ward so it is a lot different. My new companion is very interesting. His name is Elder B. from Bountiful. He has been out about 16 months . Being a District leader is quite a bit of work. I have to make a lot of calls and and know everything about everyone in my district. So far everything has been good so far. But I was stressed out for sure the last couple of days haha. Tomorrow will be my first district meeting run by me, but I’m not too worried about that. I’m sure I will grow a lot this transfer from all these different things. It’s weird to know everything about all the people in your district and a lot of stuff that only the leadership of the mission knows about. But anyways I’m glad to have a new area and some new scenery. This ward has a lot of potential I think, the works here just definitely needs a jump start and we are going to make it happen. Saturday was the baptism of an awesome part member lady named D. who is a nurse. So it was pretty cool to see here baptized. We are going to her house tonight to eat some Pizza. So I’m emailing at a library here in Severn so that’s where I will be sending you emails from now on. But to answer dads question about the money, unfortunately I did not get it before I left. But I will see Elder O. who took my spot in my last area at leadership meeting in a few weeks in Fredrick Maryland so I will be able to get it then. Thank you so much for sending me some money, that was super nice of you. I wish I would have got it before I left though, because I was broke at the end of the month haha. Thanks for sending me those pictures though, they are pretty sweet haha. I miss you guys a ton, I hope you guys are all having fun. I’m excited to get your package you guys sent me! That’s crazy that Rob and them drove to Michigan to see the real Madrid game, but its pretty cool I have to admit. Anyways thanks for letting me know what’s going on, I love you guys! :) Have a good week.

Love,
 Wes

No comments:

Post a Comment