Sunday, August 17, 2014

Letter from Elder LeGrande August 11, 2014

Hey family!

Thank you so much for your emails! I love hearing from you guys so much. It’s really weird to think that this next week when I think of what I was doing a year ago that I was on a mission! It is so weird to see how slow time seems to go by sometimes in the moment but then crazy to see how fast the months go by. It’s weird to think that I have been gone for a year. It really doesn’t feel like it’s been that long since I have seen you guys. 

Anyways it sounds like you guys had an awesome week! Awesome job running that race mom, you are a stud ha-ha. Btw your birthday is next week, so that’s cool! Do you have any plans for what you are doing yet? Btw thank you for the package, and it sounds like your sending another little one, so that’s nice of you! :) 

This week has been pretty good. Being a district leader isn’t too bad. I have got everything pretty well down now. It’s just a different mind set of just doing my thing as a missionary and being a leader and helping missionaries become better. Because I really don’t like to tell people they need to do better ha-ha. But my district is awesome so it’s no big deal. :) District meeting went really well, and I even had to of the assistants in my district meeting but it was cool. 

We were able to go the temple on Wednesday because we get to go every six months now. It’s cool because the temple is another mission, but it’s only about 25 minutes away from my area. The new temple video is soooo good. I though they did an awesome job on it. Afterwards the member that took us to the temple bought us Cafe Rio so I couldn’t have been happier ha-ha. 

My area has been a little bit of a change. The work is a little slower here compared to being in Baltimore. It’s hard to find people to talk to in my area. But we have two really solid investigators who will hopefully get baptized soon. We have been getting fed a lot by a lot of members, so that has been an awesome change and now I have money to buy some things I need ha-ha. 

Tomorrow is zone conference in Annapolis and me and 3 other district leaders and the zone leaders have to meet with President Richards before, so that should be cool. So that’s about all that happened this week. It sounds like you all have some fun things coming up so I hope you enjoy everything. 


That’s a bummer that the AC broke, hopefully it doesn’t cost too much too get it fixed. Btw to answer the rest of y our questions: My comps name is S. B., and our apartment has two floors, but its pretty small. But it has a bow flex machine and a member gave us a 6 pound thing of protein powder so I have been trying to get jacked, but it’s really hard on a mission ha-ha. I can’t wait when I come home to go hard on our work out stuff in the basement! Anyways thanks for the sports updates and everything, that’s way sick that Cleveland is getting K love (AKA old man Wes as he is called when he did his videos with Kyrie Irving(as uncle drew) if you haven’t watched those videos on YouTube you should because there hilarious. But Cleveland should be stacked. Anyways thanks for all you guys do, I love you guys very much. Have a good week!

Love, Wes


No comments:

Post a Comment