Monday, October 21, 2013

October 21, 2013 Letter from Elder Westley LeGrande

Hi Everyone,

So two of our investigators are being baptized not this Saturday but next Saturday! We are so excited; one the husband…has been struggling with tobacco for so long and has finally stopped, so it is so awesome! 

I will make sure to send you the pictures of it when it happens! They have become really good friends of ours and have come such a long way. I gave him a blessing to be able to quit tobacco a couple of days ago and he hasn’t done it at all, and I really think he won’t ever do it again; the power of the priesthood is awesome!

Elder Zander and I got to go to a place in our area this week called Basye Bryce ski resort and town! Since we are as far west and south as you can pretty much go in our mission Basye Bryce borders two other missions so it was pretty cool, its seriously just a mini park city! Missionaries probably have never been out there in the history of the church, so it was pretty cool to go there. It is like 45 minutes away but still in our area in the middle of nowhere in some mountains! Our area is huge. We almost converted a Jehovah witness down there ha-ha but maybe next time!

[We couldn't hike] because it wasn't our P-day, we went there because no one has in years and Pres Wright thought it would be good for people to see missionaries there so we just proselyted for 5 hours ha-ha. But yes I got Emily’s package, it was really nice of her to send it! And yes I got some pictures! I have to go but I will write a letter this week OK  Thank you so much for the package you sent me as well it made my whole week! :) Tell Lyndsey I absolutely loved the picture she drew for me :) It’s hanging up by my bed :) She is such a good artist! :)

The Young Men and Women hosted a “Lost Shepherd” dinner for investigators but 90 percent of them couldn't come except the family who are getting baptized are sitting with sister missionaries in the video (so others could get to know them) and other ones who the sisters are teaching! The youth did a cool serving job where they all do the same thing at a time, which they really worked on. BTW the couple getting baptized has a 10 year old daughter will probably be baptized by her dad once he is baptized and get the Aaronic Priesthood.  So that will be another baptism coming up!

I love you guys very much I hope you have a good week, watch out for those hockey players ha-ha :)

Elder LeGrande



No comments:

Post a Comment