Monday, October 7, 2013

in Luray i got to be with my boy Elder Zwahlen! (the elder who is the QB for University of Hawaii)

Hey guys!

So Elder Zander and I are staying in Woodstock! We are both pretty glad considering we have so many investigators so close to being baptized. This coming Saturday we also have a softball game we get to play in, it’s our stake vs. the Lutheran church! They do it every year and apparently it goes really well and then after we have a picnic with them. Elder Zander and I are going to convert them all! Hahaha there team is pretty good apparently they have a minor league baseball player, and they have an actual team with jerseys and all that jazz. No worries though we are going to win because we are playing for the lord! ;) So we are excited for that!

We painted part of [a] sister’s house this week so that was fun. I also got to go on two exchanges this week to the crazy little town of Luray haha. Luray is even more in the middle of nowhere than Woodstock, apparently there is like real life witches that live there and stuff like that haha. Luray is the middle of all these mountains that people call the “hollers” “haha but they are  really “the hollows.” These hollows are full of moonshiners and white gangsters and probably some KKK guys.

So in Luray i got to be with my boy Elder Zwahlen! (the elder who is the QB for Hawaii) we had a ton of fun me and him are a ton alike. We got to feed one of the member’s herds of bulls! Each of them have a specific name and they are trained like dogs.  Hahahaha it’s the funnies thing I have ever seen, we fed them cookies because that’s what they love to eat haha. We also got to go to the top of one of these huge hills and see the amazing view, it was really sweet.

General conference was super good! We got to watch it with two of our investigators. They both really liked it and are doing really well with them. As for myself I loved conference especially all of President Monson’s talks. There were many others that I especially liked but don’t have time to go into all of them, but one thing I did notice was how many of them talked about the sign of the times and having a testimony to be able to make it through whatever happens in these last days as so many put it.
 
Anyways so a good percent of our district is being transferred and Elder Zwhalen is leaving so I am kind of sad about that but I better get used to it! I hope you guys are having a good week that’s cool you went to that concert, that sounds like a lot of fun. I have been taking lots of pictures so i will send that for sure ASAP.

I love you guys all very much thank you for your prayers and thoughts I equally pray and think about you guys.

 

Love Wes

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment