Monday, February 3, 2014

Letters from January 20, 27 and February 3 2014

January 20, 2014

Hey guys! 

Elder Tilley and I had a great week. We were able to take our investigator Chris to a baptism in a near by ward because elder Tilley was the elder who began teaching her so we got to go and bring him. Afterwards we had a sweet lesson with him and when the spirit was super strong we invited him to be baptized and he knew that he really wanted to, so he is scheduled for the 22 of February because we have some stuff to work on with him, like the word of wisdom. But no biggie, the spirit can do all things! Hopefully his girlfriend and friend who are doing awesome and taking the lessons will get baptized too! I sadly will probably will not be able to see it though because I am 90 percent sure I am getting transferred. But oh well, it doesn’t matter. I hope you all had a good week. I dont know about you but I am sooooo done with this cold weather. I am ready for it to warm up! I was bummed to here that the Niners lost but I am glad the Broncos are.  I love you guys very much, I am excited for the package and letter! Have an awesome week!

Elder LeGrande and Elder Tilley fill up water containers
 for a member from a water spring



January, 27, 2014

My knowledge of the Gospel has just grown tremendously, I have also just mainly learned about people which are super important in missionary work. Missionaries, [I know]  aren’t so robotic anymore. You have to read people with help from the spirit and just teach to there needs and ask question to help them teach themselves.

Briefly, this week has been very good, our investigators who chewed tobacco during every lesson we have taught so far all committed to live the word of wisdom. Me and elder Tilley were both super nervous because we didn’t want to lose them as investigators, we studied and real played it a lot and as we taught them the spirit was stronger than any lesson I have ever taught or been in. It was a miracle just to see how the lord has our back. Chris is on date and his two friends have committed to be baptized but not on a specific day yet. Mission conference was also super awesome this week. S Gifford Nielson is THE MAN. Btw he is 6'6! But it was an awesome mission conference, he really talked about how the second coming is coming soon and how we just need to be the help in the wards and branches to bring others to his gospel. Another thing he taught that our mission is already focused on is real growth and about finding those big fist investigators. We could be baptizing thousands in Baltimore but the numbers are not what were focusing on. Anyway that was my week! Played ball with a bunch of really good elders today including my best buddy elder bell who was my MTC companion, almost all of us played HS ball. Thanks for all you do for me guys I love ya very much I pray for you guys every night! Love ya :)



Love wes


February 3, 2014

Dear family,
Had a pretty good but tough week. We had pretty much no miles this week so we had to walk a lot. We walked 10 miles one day and my shoes are starting to get decently worn out. We were able to see our investigators the 3 amigos  and that was really good. We bought them jolley ranchers, gum and mountain dew to replace there tobacco and coffee. We were also able to go over there house yesterday with two other friends they invited to watch part of the super bowl because we were able to get permission from president! I only saw the first half of the game and I must say it was a joke of a game. But oh well me and elder tilley had fun with them and the had steak and shrimp for us, so that was pretty sweet. The weather here is terrible. I am so done with this stupid snow and cold. It snowed a little this morning and our cars got grounded, so we cant really go anywhere on our preparation day which stinks. I heard we could get up to 30 inches of snow later this week. I don't know how much more of this crappy weather I can handle. But anyways I hope you guys had a good week, I liked the pictures you guys sent of Dad playing Austin [McCombs] in church ball! Whats he up to these days? Anyways transfers are next Wednesday and we should find out where and what on Sunday night. So I just now found out that two of my good friends just came home from there missions. I'm not going to name anyone but I am kind of upset about it. I guess I cant really blame them at all, because missions are the hardest thing ever, but I wish they could have stuck it out. But oh well. I will be looking for your letters in the mail! Thanks for always supporting me and encouraging me. It really does make a difference. I love ya guys have a good week!

Love,
Wes


No comments:

Post a Comment