Monday, September 30, 2013

It’s good to be out here in the mission field to be able to bring miracles to people everyday...


Hey guys!

 

I got to give a blessing this week to a nice old lady in our branch who had her toe amputated and was really infected so me and Elder Zander went to the hospital and I gave her a blessing.  We visited her yesterday and said that her toe was now fine and didn’t hurt whatsoever since the day of the blessing, just more evidence of the power of the priesthood.

So the baptism with one of our investigators didn’t go though. It’s ok though I guess he just isn’t ready yet. We have about 6 investigators who are so close to baptism it’s pretty awesome the spirit just has to help them in this last little stretch. We got two new investigators this week which is pretty crazy as well. Both of them are super interested and are soaking up everything we say like a sponge. If they can keep commitments they will be in very good shape.

This week I have been to some pretty poor houses, it’s really humbling to see how some of these people live out here. One crazy experience we had with one was a lady who pretended (very poorly I might add) who pretended to be blind ha-ha! Elder Zander and I couldn't believe it! It’s crazy what some people will do out here ha-ha.

This week we also helped a lady who is one the sister missionaries investigators move out of her apartment ALL BY OURSELVES, we were so tired by then end, good thing she only lives in an apartment and didn’t have too much stuff.  There was lots of other service we did as well but I don’t have time to go into all of it.

 So in our stake we have 3 people who work for the Northern Virginia daily, including Pres. Wright and me and Elder Zander are getting a big ad space in the paper advertising us missionaries to help out with service and share messages. It even has a big picture of us on it.

 When it comes out I will cut it out and send it to you so you guys can see it. It was awesome to see you guys went to Curtis’ and Midge's farewells. I am so glad to see some of my other friends going on missions.  I hope tanner and Rob end up going on missions. 

Anyways its good to here from you guys, I love you all very much and miss you guy’s everyday. But it’s good to be out here in the mission field to be able to bring miracles to people everyday. I hope to get your letters soon. You’re in my thoughts and prayers everyday. Have an awesome week you guys and make sure you all have fun!

Love Wes

 

No comments:

Post a Comment