Tuesday, October 7, 2014

October 6, 2014

Hey guys!


I’m glad you all had a great week, it sounds like you all had a good week!

General Conference was awesome as always. We were able to get R & T both to watch conference with us and different members’ houses. We went to the bishop’s house to watch a session and eat dinner and we went to our ward mission leader’s house to watch another. The other two sessions we watched at the church and priesthood session.

There were a ton of good talks. I really like elder Holland’s talk on looking after the poor, elder Robbins' talk on not lowering our standards, and both talks in the regular session and priesthood by president Uchtdorf and president Eyeing. President Monson's talks were good but seemed to be a little more serious than normal for him. But there were a lot of other good talks as well.  Oh yeah and for priesthood session our ward had ice cream before it started.

The rest of this week was pretty normal. Nothing too crazy happened, T is still good for the 18th but I’m a little worried about him. I hope everything works out with it.

Basketball on Tuesday was also really fun. We had sooo many people come out. The weather is starting to cool down here.

Today it’s a nice 74 degrees for a high. Today for preparation day we drove to Columbia with the zone leaders to adjourn as the "high baller council" ha-ha it was a ton of fun. There were a lot of good players there but I lead all scorers again ha-ha. Its nice being able to play basketball a decent amount my shot has been nice and consistent for awhile now! :)

Our mission gets to watch meet the Mormons next week as a zone, so that will pretty sweet!

So how is everything going back home? Is it cooling down? It’s crazy that its fall and I only have 2 more seasons before I come home in the summer.

My friends have already started emailing me trying to convince me to go to Dixie and [other] people trying to talk me in to going to Utah [State]; But I’m trying not to think about that stuff right now even though its in the back of my mind. I’m still pretty sure I won’t go to school until the spring semester when I get home.

Anyways I’m happy to be out here on a mission and am realizing that two years really isn’t [going to be] forever and really not that long of time ha-ha. But thanks for your nice emails and sports updates.  I hope you guys all have a good week! I love ya very much! :)

Love Wes


No comments:

Post a Comment