Wednesday, January 14, 2015

January 12, 2015

Hey family!

It was really good to get some nice emails from you guys this week! Its nice to know that I am missed back home.!

 That's crazy that you guys are going to get 150 extra people in the ward! Its funny how Utah can just throw around numbers of people like that compared to what its like out here in Maryland haha. 

So with the new ward members, are there any good ball players over there? I don't think I know anyone over there except for the H's which you mentioned. 

Anyways that's cool that Basketball season is in full swing and your getting out there and playing. I cant wait when I get to come home and play some ball, I have really been lacking that lately! 

Soccer has been fun though and I have been getting better than I have ever been and my new shoes are sweet so its been cool. By the way I do NOT need shin guards but thanks for offering, that was nice of you :) 

Anyways this last week was very cold. Wednesday and Thursday were probably the two coldest days of my mission. We didn't have a car and icy wind was blowing at about 40 miles per hour. With wind chill members said it was 4 degrees outside. Needless to say I hope I never have to walk in that weather again haha. 

We saw most of our Investigators this week so that was cool. All of our investigators bailed on coming to church though so that was a bummer. Our investigator J got called into work although he is doing very well and hopefully should have a baptism date soon. 

We also found a new investigators this week who lives in our apartment complex. His girl friend who lives and is a member in the DC north mission called us and told us to go to his house. We went over and he has already gone though all the pamphlets and has read a lot of the Book of Mormon. He often goes to church with his girl friend in Northern Virginia. He has some issues with the church including a living prophet...
But anyways I think it will go well.

Other than that things are going well. Its a little slow but its starting to pick up. 

Oh and you probably want to know about Transfers. So elder P is getting Transferred. So the whole day yesterday I was expecting just to get another elder in here. But then at 1010 PM president called me right as I got done reporting and told me I was training a new missionary. So im at it again it should be fun, hopefully I wont get stressed out with training and being a district leader haha. 

But anyways that's about all that happened this week! Elder B is getting transferred :( But he's getting transferred to my old area Severn which is a zone leader area now! And of course he gets full car there haha and I had to walk everywhere. 

But anyways I love and miss you guys! Thanks for all you do for me! President and the group that goes home with him on June 25.  

Interviews with President are next week so we will talk about when I will go home! I love you guys! Have a good week!

LOVE. Wes 

No comments:

Post a Comment