Friday, January 23, 2015

January 21, 2015 letter


Hey family!

First of all thanks for the package, it was nice to get something in the mail for once ha ha. So before I even begin I just wanted you to know this has been the craziest  and weirdest week of my entire mission hands down. I didn't email yesterday because we absolutely didn't have time after zone training yesterday so I'm emailing today. 

So first of all I'm not training a new missionary. I got called last Tuesday the day before transfers from President Richards that my companion went home in the MTC as well as another elder from the same district. So me and elder B who was also supposed to Train ended up being companions. 

So President shut down the area he was in and sent him to Brunswick with me. I was a little bummed but since them I have been pretty glad. Elder B is a hilarious missionary from Payson. He has been out for 20 months. So you could say between the two of us we are a pretty old companionship. 

So besides all the crazy people we ran into this last week our week got even crazier. Saturday night were eating at T bell when I get a call from elder O a spanish missionary who lives in our apartment complex. He asks how close to the apartments we are and told us to meet us at his apartment as soon as possible. So we hurry over and they just come pealing into the parking lot. Elder O's companion who just got into the mission field 2 days earlier is doubled over and in serious pain in his stomach. So we help him into the apartment. 

He cant even sit down or stand or anything so while hes half curled up on a ball on the ground me and elder O give him a blessing. At this point we know we have to take him to urgent care or something. So we strart calling President and sister Richards phone like crazy and they don't answer.  

In the mission field there is a very strict rule about only taking people to emergency room or anything like that only when you get permission to do so. So finally after 20 minutes of us calling everyone does sister Richards call us back and lets us go to the ER. 

So all four of us are in this car and I'm driving the car like I'm in the fast and the furious weaving in and out of cars. And we roll up to the ER and rush him in. And we find out from the Doctor that his Appendix just burst. So were all the hospital waiting there for 3 hours. Trying to figure out what the heck was going on. President calls us and tells us that one of us needs to stay with elder F who is the one in the hospital. Elder O his comp, is really bad with blood and stuff and faints at the sight of anything like that so Elder B stays with him and I take elder Orton back to my area with me. 
So it was insane weekend. After church the next day we went back to the hospital and visited them. Elder F had successful surgery but was still being closely watched. So President came to the hospital and everything and spent some time with him and elder B came back and we did a trio while elder f is recovering. 

So most of the weekend and Monday we were going to the hospital and back to our area to go check on elder f and it was nuts and I'm sure it wont be a week I will forget in a long time. Anything else in the week I don't really remember in all the craziness. So that was the gist of my last week. 

Glad to see you are all doing well and that you guys are having a good week. As far as thinking about college I think I will probably just do a semester at Slcc when I get home and then go to Utah state in the Spring of next year. But I'm sure when I get home I will be driving to Logan and places a lot to go visit my friends so that is my plan so far. 

Anyways thanks again for the package it was really nice to get. I bought a sweet Real Madrid jersey on Monday with the remainder of my Christmas money. It was originally 100 bucks but I got it for 40 bucks at the this indoor soccer complex so it was sweet and now I'm decked out when I play soccer. 

Thanks again for the emails hope you have a good week and I love you guys.
Love Wes

No comments:

Post a Comment