Friday, January 9, 2015

January 5, 2015

Hey family!
Good to here from all you guys! Holy cow it sounds like you had a busy and fun week with the holidays! I'm glad to here that you had all are having a good time and having fun. 

My week was pretty good. Monday we got a call from elder G that he was coming on team ups with me and elder P. So we enjoyed three of our days with him. He is a super cool assistant and was elder B's trainer. I was a little stressed out but it wasn't bad at all. Tuesday for my District meeting we already elder Green with us when Elder Z another assistant showed up! I almost died! But I'm really cool with both of them so it wasn't bad but I have been wondering this whole week why they both were there haha. 

But anyways new years [eve] was kind boring but good. We had to be in at 8. We went to cafe rio and some member picked up our tab so that was awesome. And we bought some sparkling cider and drank it when we got home. We were allowed again to watch G rated movies so we borrowed toy story 3 from a member and watched that until bed time haha. 

New years day was really fun. We couldn't proselyte so it was like a preparation day. I planned a district lunch and we all splurged and went to olive garden, it was pretty good. 

Anyways I cant believe there having you speak in church again mom haha. What is this like the third time since I have been gone? So good ways to prepare I think are to get in the habit of being really friendly with people and not being afraid to talk with anyone. Also reading and gaining a testimony of the scriptures and knowing whats in them is super crucial. Being prepared as well to worry about other people and not worry about yourself is huge. Ways I have changed on my mission I feel I can with 100 percent certainty that the gospel is true. I have learned that its not all about me and the best way to be happy is to help others and gain a testimony of the gospel. I think my priorities have changes a lot as well and a lot of the worldly things don't seem as important as the things we can do to grow spiritually. I have also learned not to waste time and being effective in everything you do so you can get everything done that you need to. I have also gained a testimony about the reasons god gives us commandments and how they can benefit us in our lives. So anyways I hope that's a good enough list of things to help you with your talk! 

Anyways its been a crazy day and its super cold outside so me and elder P have to get going but I love you guys! Thanks for all you guys do for me and the love and encouragement you give me. I hope you guys have a good week. I potentially have under six months until I come home which is crazy to think about.

Anyways I love you all! Have a good week!
  
Love wes

No comments:

Post a Comment