Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Feb. 23, 2015 letter...Snow and Shoveling out

Hey whats up family!

It has been an interesting week! it was freezing cold everyday this week except for yesterday which was like 50 (today the high is 20 again). We spent A lot of time walking around and shoveling people. Our cars were grounded 3 or so days this last week. It snowed about a foot of snow here and everything in Maryland pretty much shut down. We shoveled so many people out it was pretty crazy. In total we probably shoveled 30 plus people's houses or cars out. 

We met a lot of cool people including a really cool Brazilian guy who knows a lot about the church and is pretty interested. We were able to get a lot of return appointments from all the service so hopefully they will turn into some new investigators soon. 

Because of the weather T and a part member family we are working with canceled there appointments with us so we did not get to see them. We did see another awesome part member family though that we had a good lesson with. We plan on giving her and T dates for baptism this week. 

As far as Transfers go I am staying in Brunswick and you know elder B is going home. It has been really weird to have a companion I am with going home. 

My new companions name is elder W who I will get on Wednesday at transfers. He came out with me, I don't know too much about him other than I heard he is nice and has a lot of energy haha which is probably something I could use more of haha. 

The three sisters in my ward are getting shot gunned out. Sister Bl who is in my district and the rest of the sisters that came out with me are going home. Elder V in my district and is the zone leader is getting elder J as a companion who is my buddy. You might remember me talking about him. 

So a lot is going home a lot of people are getting transferred but I'm staying put. I really hope this transfer is good, I have a lot of new missionaries to get to know and help and so my plate will be pretty full this next six weeks.  

I am starting to get really sick of this cold weather so I hope march brings some nicer and warmer weather. So that's about all that's going on with me. Sounds like you had a packed week with E's kids and all. 

I didn't realize that E is old enough to be that big and [L] looks a lot older too! I'm glad you guys had fun and were able to spend time with them though. I did send (Aunt) E and her kids a letter a couple of weeks ago but I guess they never got it. 

Anyways I miss you guys...have a great week and stay safe! 

Love Wes

No comments:

Post a Comment