Monday, September 9, 2013

Week 4 "We cut down pretty much a whole forest out here with a chain saw and drove around a tractor"


This last week has been really good. I have gotten used to things out here a lot more. Me and my companion are getting a guy named Dave baptized on Sunday so I am excited for that. The sister missionaries are also having a lady baptized on Sunday as well! The thing that kind of stinks is was not supposed to be the ones to baptize our investigators because President Richards wants members to baptize them, but oh well haha.

Our area here in the mission has not only the highest percent of baptisms but also just the most baptisms period. Our area doesn’t have a ton of people either so we are really blessed to be doing so well here. I have so much other stuff to tell you.  Anyway the members out here are awesome even with only about 120 active members in our branch, the calendar to feed us missionaries is always packed full so that is awesome. Every member’s house I have been to so far has all served me and my companion really good food.

There is one lady named Sister Clark who loveeeeees missionaries, so she’s become a really good friend and always buys us pizza and subway. She always has an ice cold mountain dew for me too :) haha she is soooo awesome. A recent convert named who was recently baptized is another good friend of ours, we she lives on  and over a mountain so it takes about 40 minutes to go to her house and we have to take the sketchiest one way dirt road to her house haha. Her husband died about 2 months ago and she lives on about 10 acres of forest and she needs a lot of help, so we do service for her every week. She’s the lady that has a pet wolf haha, has really cool and friendly but if he jumps up on you he will scratch you BAD and make you bleed so has kind of dangerous haha.

We cut down pretty much a whole forest [out] here with a chain saw and drove around a tractor with a cart full of dirt and filled up a half acre of holes. It was way tiring but fun and good work out. She always gives us fresh jelly and salsa so that’s tasty. The work here is really good, we have 10 investigators total and many of them are close to baptism. So that’s awesome.

Me and Elder Zander went and visited a less active man named brother so and so on Friday. Has about 32 and his wife died two weeks ago of cancer leaving behind him and 3 kids. As soon as we got to his house this full grown man balled his eyes out to us for about two hours. Me and Elder Zander hardly knew what to say to comfort him. We gave him a blessing and he felt a little better but was still a wreck. He had recently quit smoking  but had started up again smoking 3 packs a day. Its really sad and he has a good heart but he hasn’t been able to do anything since she passed away. He has so much work to do including finishing a second house and moving out two massive storage units of stuff. So the next day on Saturday we spend four hours moving 5 dishwashers 3 dryers, 3 stoves, 3 fridges and about 35 cabinets into a storage unit with his sister and brother while he sat at home crying.....

President Wright and our branch president are both super awesome guys they help us so much, President Wright is taking me out to lunch on Monday for my birthday, he is such an awesome guy. I have lots of other awesome experiences that I will share with you later.

Me and my companion play basketball every morning in the local Central high school so that’s fun and we both really enjoy that, my companion is a pretty good player. We have a bench press and abs chair in our apartment so we work out with those quite often. Since I got here I cant already bench press about 15 reps more than I could earlier, its about a 100 pounds.

It is still insanely humid here, although the weather is cooling down so it is a lot better. Thanks dad for updating me on scores I really wanted to know all of those.  I'm so glad the Niners and Utah won, My companion is a big BYU fan so we like to talk some friendly smack haha. I am already known around here for how high I can jump haha, Every chance I get with members or kids on the street I try and dunk it hahaha, I actually got some good white man dunks in here so that’s good haha. I am so jealous I didn’t get to go to the TOTO concert I’m sure it was freaking awesome. Anyways I have to go but I miss you all sooooo much

Ps: For my birthday I’ll be happy with whatever you give me, I could use some snacks and stuff though haha, I buy mountain dew every week so I’m usually good on that :)

 

1 comment: